1. Begin this mini retreat by making the Sign of the Cross. Ask God to make his presence known to you in this moment. Feel his presence around you and rest in it.
2. Imagine yourself in the small room with Mary, as the Angel Gabriel announces to hear the great gift which God will bestow upon her. How do she feel? How do you feel? What does the room look like?
3. Listen carefully to the words Gabriel says to Mary. "Hail, favored one. The Lord is with you. Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. Behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name him Jesus. He will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give him the throne of David his father, and he will rule over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end." How does this make Mary feel? How do these words make you feel?
4. Listen to Mary carefully and hear the emotion in her voice as she responds. "How can this be, since I have no relations with a man?" Is she confident? Is she scared?
5. The last sentence of this section says, "Then the angel departed from her." How does Mary react after the angel departs? How does the departure make you feel?
6. Ask God now to help you to understand the times in your life where God has made his presence know to you and then, almost as quickly as He appeared, He left. How do you deal with this feeling?
6. End by making the Sign of the Cross. If you are so moved, write in a journal the impressions which you discovered during this mini-retreat and look back upon them as the weeks progress.